The Youth Coaching Masterclass
An intensive two-day learning experience exploring the essential fundamentals of coaching for young people.
THE 5 PILLARS
Over the two days we explore what we call The Essential Five Pillar Framework.
1. Coaching Definitions
- To be able describe coaching in an easy to understand and attractive way.
- An appreciation of the differences between coaching and other forms of support.
- To understand the benefits and limitations of coaching.
2. Powerful Questions
- To understand the central importance of questions in a coaching conversation.
- To be able to utilise different types of questions to improve the coaching space.
- To commit to crafting beautiful, powerful and useful questions.
3. Advanced Listening Skills
- To understand the difference between listening in a coaching conversations.
- To develop and enhance current strategies of effective listening.
- To appreciate the power, benefits, and limitations of deep listening and silence.
4. Building Rapport with Young People
- To appreciate the importance of rapport in the coaching space.
- To take away enhanced/improved strategies on how to develop rapport with someone they have just met
- An understanding of limited confidentiality and the importance of Child Safeguarding.
5. Designing a Coaching Space
- To understand the significance of contracting and re-contracting in Youth Coaching.
- An increased appreciation of the difference between coaching and other forms of support.
- To understand the importance of self-care and the value of supervision.
Bob Singha and Robin Lockhart have worked with and for young people, parents, teachers and youth workers for over 20 years. They are experts at engaging, building rapport and coaching young people and supporting those who work with and for them to do the same.
Bob is a Master Mindset Coach, coach trainer, mentor and coach supervisor to some of the most influential coaches in Europe.
Bob was the co-founder of the Youth Coaching Academy (YCA) in 2001, where he co-wrote, designed and delivered the world's first fully accredited youth coaching courses. Before this, Bob was part of Involve's senior management team, where he designed and managed many innovative projects, some of which are now regarded as international best practice. He has worked as a coaching consultant for the Metropolitan Police, Lambeth, Southwark, the DCSF, Coreplan, Spark Inside and Coram.
Robin is a highly experienced and qualified community development and youth engagement and coaching professional. He is a master NLP practitioner, hypnotherapist and fully qualified Youth & Community Development professional. Prior to entering this field, Robin's gained a wealth of experience mine commercial business sector as an arts & music company director. Robin specialises in the fields of community safety, restorative practice, youth engagement and cultural awareness, possessing the skills required to enhance any youth/community project.
In 2009, Robin was awarded the Kids Count Inspiration Award for Best Contribution to the Community; and in 2012, he was awarded the Team London Award by the Mayor of London for his work with communities. In 2017, he was voted the Commonwealth Youth Worker of the Year in 2017, and in 2018 he was given the role of Commonwealth Ambassador for Youth Work.